Monday, May 12, 2008

Weekend of Concerts and a Bit of Outdoors


This weekend was so nice because for once, the weather was good. :) I must say that a nice warm day can make all the difference. I started out my Saturday morning up logan canyon for a little hike. I love the Crimson Trail and have hiked it many times, but I always go up the Guinavah side. I like going up that side because it is the steepest and in the shade so not as hot. I say it is always best to get the worst over first. This Saturday, I didn't get to do the entire trail because of the muddy trail and lack of time, but I started up the Spring Hollow side (the official trailhead) because it was warmer. The scenery was beautiful and there were several hikers on the trail. I always forget how beautiful Logan canyon is. I could see across to the wind caves as well. They look so small from the other side. It was a very enjoyable hike.
After hiking, I went home and showered and headed to Brigham City to watch my friend's children in the TaVaci concert. I swear that there are a hundred children in that group and it is a lot of fun. All the songs were adorable and it was a blast watching the kids perform, especially the 4 year olds. :) After that, I headed to Salt Lake with some friends to see some other friend's perform the oratorio Elijah by Felix Mendelssohn. It was amazing! I must say that I enjoyed the choir parts more than the soloists though. All in all, it was a very fun weekend.

Hiking:







Eric and Amy before the TaVaci concert:





Gardner Hall in SLC for the Elijah concert:




No comments: