Friday, May 9, 2008

Getting Ready for Benson Marina




For many years now, I have spent a good part of my summers at Benson Marina. However, for the past two summers while I was in Salt Lake City, I think I only came up two or three times. I have so many great memories here. We have had many jet skiing parties with the Reeder family, going out in the duck hunting boat under all the canals, canoeing with the ward, trying out my water otter and not doing too well, playing around in my silly inflatable raft, swimming, and the best sculling in the world!


The weather hasn't been too cooperative yet up here in Logan, but as soon as it will stop raining and snowing, I am definitely coming out here to add to my already long list of great experiences. There are so many birds out here too. When I came out yesterday, I saw a heron, two swans, a field filled with pheasants, a little flock of some smallish white bird, tons of ducks out with their young ones, and pelicans. It is so open and pretty and always enjoyable--except during the biting fly season and when you see an occasion dead fish floating in the water or the rare small garden snake swimming beside you.

1 comment:

Rebbekah said...

I can't wait to go sculling with you this summer. One time I took my large inflatable raft there. It wasn't until we got into the water that I figured out it was only about 2 feet deep! I think Benson Marina is so beautiful! Your pic made me a little teary. Isn't it great to get a little wiff of spring?