Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Interesting and Heartbreaking Movie


I was at my friend Marianne's house this weekend and we watched the documentary about drugs in Utah-particularly within the Mormon church. It was very interesting-especially since I attended a funeral a few weeks ago for the brother of some dear friend's of mine where it was a drug-related death. It was just so sad. Drugs can really destroy people and it affects everyone in the family. This movie is a must see for everyone who has children or just wants to understand this Utah problem more or wants to understand better what many of those we know have gone through. It was very well done and very eye opening. I just keep thinking about it. I feel so very bad for those who get caught up in this addiction and I feel so bad for their families. It is just so tragic.

3 comments:

Rebbekah said...

I'm going to check this out. It's really sad how so many people struggle with drug abuse.

highdeekay said...

I heard these guys interviewed on KUER and thought it sounded really interesting. I've now got it on my queue in Netflix. Thanks for the recommendation.

Ginger said...

I saw it too, it was good but I didn't like the director at all, I think he also had an agenda of promoting his music and his business interests, and I am mad he took out the Dr. Hunsaker story, it was the most important one in my opinion, I'm glad it's on the special features