Friday, September 19, 2008

Weekend Poetry Mystery Party!

I am headed to a mystery party this weekend, so I will post on Monday if I figure it out. My character is Sherry Yujest...
Age: 23
Profession: Commedienne
I am a comedienne and an amateur poet. Born 23 years ago in a large city several hundred miles away. I am an only child and always thought that my parents were Carrie and Harry Yujest, but recently that’s changed.
Harry Yujest died when I was a teenager. About a year and a half ago, Carrie Yujest became terminally ill. She called me in and revealed that I had been adopted as an infant. Carrie knew nothing about my real mother. She told me, though, that I was always loved. After all, I was “chosen” from among the other children available for adoption.
A few weeks later, Carrie Yujest died and I hired a private investigator, Ida Nonit, to try to find out more about my birth parents.
That’s why I came to town about a year and a half ago. Ida had tracked my birth mother down and I decided to move here, to the town where my birth mother lives.

Hmmmmmm..... what do you want to bet that my secret birth mother is at the party too.... I went to one of these last year and I figured out the mystery... so wish me luck on this one!
P.S. I thought it would be funnier if my name was Shirly Yujest!

4 comments:

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

I didn't know you started a blog! Congrads, I like it! I will have to add you to my blog!

hevenstuff said...

Hi Daela,

This is Steven. Thanks for saying "Hi" and now I know your blog so I can keep in touch. What is your e-mail address? Mine is my blogspot user name (shown here) at Gmail.

Cheers,

steven

Elizabeth said...

This sounds like fun! You'll have to do a post to tell us all about it!

Rebbekah said...

You have to tell me about this. We went to a mystery dinner thing last year. I had fun minus the costume part.