Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Klunker Stikes Again and FHE

Soooooo..... the car story continues. I got my car back on Monday, but as I drove it home, I couldn't help but notice that it was still broken---this time a new problem brought on by the original fix--the anti-lock break that was fixed is now catching and grinding and makes an awful noise and jerk everytime I stop. Very lame. Oh well.... back to the mechanic.

Monday night was fun. We went to Family Home Evening up in Tony Grove and it was gorgeous! We did get eaten alive by mosquitos, but the lake and the wild flowers were sooooo beautiful! I love going up there. I think that it is time to do the hike to Mt. Naomi or White Pine Lake-those are two of my favorite hikes in Logan.
An interesting thing happened at FHE. I was sitting in my nice little camp chair and this girl that I swear I had never seen before says to me, "Daela, didn't I take some classes with you at USU in Technical Writing?" I didn't recognize her at all, so I asked her what her name was. She told me she was Rose and that we were good friends at school. After talking to her all night, I slowly started to remember her and I even remembered one of her school projects. It was really fun to get re-connected with someone from the past. She has been living in Texas for the past 11 years and works for IBM. She was the major technical writing success story from our department. It was just kind of fun.



4 comments:

Ginger said...

oh my gosh I haven't been to Tony Grove for years, it's so beautiful...

Ginger said...

oh and sorry about your car....

Rebbekah said...

I think we all need to go camping together at "the grove!" You are always doing such fun stuff! Can I hang out with you?

Anonymous said...

I miss Logan Canyon! Those pictures are incredible. I'm sorry for your continuing car troubles, but I'm glad you have fun activities to help balance everything out! So glad you're enjoying your summer!