Friday, July 11, 2008

Klunker Ruins Fun Weekend Plans


Sooooooo, I have this 11 year old car that has been doing GREAT most of it's life. It definitely has served me well. But, since the car theme lately has been repairs, repairs, repairs for many of my friends, I too have been feeling the hit. I have had my car in for repairs at least 3 times in the last 3 weeks. This last one is a lame one though. I took the car in on Wednesday and the mechanic ordered the parts. I told him that I really needed the car no later than Friday afternoon since I was headed up to Star Valley and Jackson Hole this weekend for some camping and white water rafting. Well, he called me up today to let me know that he had ordered the wrong parts and now he has to order new parts and there is no way he can get it finished until tomorrow sometime at the earliest. Sooooooo sad!!!! I was really looking forward to this weekend with the awesome Reeder's. We always have so much fun. I am more than a little bummed about this. Oh well.... maybe it is time to get a NEW and MORE RELIABLE car. I love my car, but this just isn't fair. I guess after 170,000 miles it is ok that it breaks down now and again.... but three times in three weeks? Give me a BREAK!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry about your car troubles!! That sucks! Especially that you missed a trip to Jackson, because I know how much you love it up there. I hope you get your car fixed soon, and that you don't have any more problems EVER!! But new cars are kinda fun too... ;-)

Rebbekah said...

cars are the pits. that's all i have to say.