Monday, June 23, 2008

Camping, Broken Car, Swimming, and Birthday Party

I had a packed weekend this past weekend, but not too many pics to show for it. Oh well.... Friday night we went up to Willow Flats to go camping with the I and S group (people from the Adam's Park ward--previous to present)--hosted by Irene and Sally. It was a lot of fun. I did have a little mishap though... I had just picked up my car from the shop on Friday because my muffler pipe was bad. I so enjoyed the ride up without feeling like a hot-rodder with that loud sound... but when I got the campground, we had to drive through a little river and when i went through, i heard a loud POP!!! Later, i discovered that my exhaust pipe broke off again and the undercarriage in the front of the car got ripped down. It was kind of sad. So, back to the mechanic for me. But the rest of the evening was great--dutch oven chicken, potatoes, veggies, and cobbler for dessert. Saturday morning a few of us hiked a small hike up the canyon there. It was a lot of fun.
Saturday night my sister and I went up to Downata hot springs and went swimming with Marianne, Brian, Rex, and Karen. The actual swimming part was with Brian and Marianne and Eric and Amy. It was sooooo fun. The water was bathtub warm and we had plenty of swimming noodles to play with. It was very relaxing and fun! We also went four wheeling up into the hills and got covered in dirt! It was great. I wish I would have had a picture of Alayna with all that dirt on her... it pays to be prepared! Later we made S'mores around the campfire (with Chips Ahoy cookies as the base--pretty good) ate peanuts in the shell and threw the shells in the fire, and found constellations in the sky with Rex's fancy new GPS star finding toy. I just wish I had some pictures.
Sunday we went down to Eagle Mountain for my niece Eden's one year old birthday party. She is sooooooo cute! I love it when babies turn one. She is the happiest little girl in the world!

Hiking Saturday: Karen, Carol, and Diane

This might be Cub River... but I am not sure. It was very pretty though.

This is the beginning of the river, the springs. The water tasted soooo good!

The road around the campground at Willow Flats.

The "Waterfall" which really wasn't much of a waterfall.... but it was still pretty. I wish I could have captured one of the pretty blue butterflies flying around. They looked like flying blue flowers. :)

2 comments:

Ginger said...

sorry about your car! glad you still had fun!

Rebbekah said...

How did Alayna do at the campout? It looks so beautiful and green right now. I was pretty nervous about using Liz's expensive boat for my first try.